The Pleasure of Writing Poetry

 




Writing was not at all my favourite in my childhood, specially when it comes to writing in English. Therefore I didn't know my capabilities of writing. I had won essay competitions but deep within me I had a feeling that I am a bad writer. I had always wanted to speak out my thoughts but I never had confidence to stand up and say how I think or feel.

Then suddenly it occurred to me that writing is a way of releasing out my thoughts. It could create a way for me to express how I feel. So I started. I let my bottled thoughts to flow away like a stream. Very strangely it was not prose but poetry that I created. I love poetry but always thought that it was far too standard for me, but now I know that it is the easiest way to express myself. So I wrote.

The feeling of it is unexpectedly satisfying. I was able to say the things which I did not know that existed within me. I had no intention of publishing them or anything but writing and reading my own poems made me rationalise things in my life. When I was reading my own work, I realised that there is a poet within me. 

Through my poems I was able to express my deeper feelings which I could not say verbally. It is very strange that words don't help you to express yourself when you utter them but they will portray you in a piece of paper when you write them. Your writing will make the reader think and feel yourself which a listener might not understand. So I write and now it has become one of my hobbies. 

2 comments:

  1. Keep writing! It is a great stress reliever and very liberating too. There are many readers in cyberspace. So we will be reading for sure if you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Malee... 🥰🥰🥰

    ReplyDelete

You vs. You

Nobody understands your pains. Nobody understands your anxieties. Nobody understands what you are going through.  They all live in their own...